Published on September 26th, 2018 | by William Charles373
[Expired] Wells Fargo $500 Business Checking Bonus [In Branch Only, Excludes Some States]
Bonus has now ended early, click here for the best current business checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: Offer excluded in the following states: Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia. Account must be opened in branch. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports
- Credit card funding: None available in branch
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: November 15th, 2018
- Wells Fargo is offering a bonus of $500 when you open a business checking account and complete the following requirements:
- E-mail yourself coupon and use that to open account in branch with at least $25
- Within 10 days of opening your account, deposit $2,000 or more into the new business checking account, and
- Have a $2,000 minimum balance in your account on Day 60, and
- Make 5 or more qualifying transactions that have posted to the new business checking account by Day 60.
The Fine Print
- Unique bonus offer code can only be used once.
- Provide one-time-use unique bonus offer code to banker at account opening.
- Offer excluded in the following states: Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia.
- You cannot be:
- A current owner of a Wells Fargo business checking account.
- A Wells Fargo team member.
- The recipient of a business checking bonus in the past 12 months.
- We will deposit the bonus into your new business checking account within 30 days after meeting all eligibility and offer requirements.
- Business checking account must remain open to receive bonus amount.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus, and we will report the bonus amount as income to the applicable tax authorities as required by law. Consult your tax advisor.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Simple business checking is the easiest to keep fee free. It has a $10 monthly fee, this is waived if you maintain a $500 average monthly balance.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Previous best deal is $300. This $500 bonus has a few more requirements, but I think they are definitely worth doing for an extra $200. Definitely think this is worth doing if you have a branch that isn’t too far from you and have a business. Wells Fargo lists the business documents required here. I’ll be replacing the $300 offer with this offer on our best bank bonus page. I wouldn’t leave this offer too long, as I can see it being pulled early.
Big thanks to reader, bplturner who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times