Published on July 6th, 2017 | by William Charles9
[Expired] [WI only] Home Savings Bank $120 Checking Bonus
This checking bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for a list of the best checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $120
- Availability: In branch only? All branches are in WI [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified (this comment says they required full paycheck and asked for paystubs)
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown (soft on at least TransUnion & Equifax)
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $8, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- Open a new Home Savings Bank checking account and receive a bonus of $120 when you complete the following requirements:
- Must be Preferred or Premier
- Establish at least one qualifying direct deposit into the account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- In order to receive the cash bonus you must open a new Preferred or Premier checking account, and establish at least one qualifying direct deposit into the account.
- Preferred and Premier checking accounts are variable rate interest-bearing accounts. As of January 16, 2017, the APY (annual percentage yield) is 0.03%. The interest rate and APY may change at any time, at our discretion.
- There is no monthly maintenance charge with a qualifying direct deposit, but other fees could reduce the earnings on the account.
- The first direct deposit must occur within 60 days of account opening.
- Minimum amount to open the account and earn the APY is $25.00.
- If you meet the terms of the offer, the $120.00 cash bonus will be deposited into your new account within 60 days after the account opening.
- The account must be open and in good standing on the payment date to receive the cash bonus.
- The account must remain open for at least 6 months or you forfeit the $120.00 bonus.
- The cash bonus will be reported to the IRS for tax purposes.
- You are responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer expires 12/31/17. Available to new
- Home Savings Bank customers and existing customers who do not have a checking account.
Preferred – $8 Monthly Fee
This is the easiest eligible account to keep fee free. The $8 monthly fee is waived with a direct deposit of your pay check/government benefits or pension.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months you will forfeit the bonus
It’s annoying the account requires a direct deposit to keep fee free and you need to keep it open for six months to keep the bonus. It also looks like you can only open in branch, because of that I don’t think it really makes sense to open unless you can easily change your direct deposit and it’s a soft pull. If you have any experiences please share them in the comments below. You can view the best checking bonuses here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications