Published on January 12th, 2020 | by William Charles6
[Expired] [WV, PA, OH, IN, KY, In Branch Only] WesBanco $250 Business Checking Bonus
Deal has now ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Update 1/12/2020: Deal is back and valid until February 9th, 2020.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: WV, PA, OH, IN, KY Only. Must open in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: February 8th, 2019
- WesBanco is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you open a new business checking bonus.
- Maintain an average account balance of at least $2,500 for the first 30 days after the account is opened
- Enroll in mobile banking and either opening and activating a debit card and completing 5 debit card purchases within 30 days of opening or open a new business credit card within 30 days of opening
The Fine Print
- $150 for Maintaining an Average Account Balance of $2,500 and $100 for Mobile Banking & Business Debit Card Activity or New Business Credit Card
Customers with a current business checking account, or who transfer funds from an existing WesBanco deposit account, are not eligible for any of the bonuses.
- Business Money Market Accounts do not qualify.
- The minimum balance to open an account and receive a bonus is $50 and an average balance of $2,500 must be maintained over the first 30 days after the account is opened.
- All qualifying activity must occur and post to the account within 30 days of the date of account opening.
- Please allow up to seven business days after 90-day period for bonus credit.
- Mobile Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Bonus: Enroll in Mobile Banking and either open and activate a new debit card and complete 5 debit card purchase transactions or open a new business credit card within 30 days of the checking account opening.
- Bonuses may not be used in combination with other offers, are subject to change without notice and limited to one per account.
- No bonus will be paid if the account is in overdraft or closed at the time the bonus is to be credited.
- Employees are not eligible for bonuses.
- Program subject to change without notice.
- Offer effective from January 7, 2019 through February 8, 2019. WesBanco Bank, Inc. is a Member FDIC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a free checking account with no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Unsure if there is any early account termination fee. I’d just keep the account open for a minimum of six months to be on the safe side.
Previously all of the bank bonuses we’ve seen from WesBanco have been personal, so it’s nice to see a business bonus as well. This looks like it’s worth doing if you live near a branch as the requirements are easy to meet and there are no monthly fees to worry about. I’ll add this to our list of the best business checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Kumar who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times