Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here. There is a new $300 checking bonus here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live in U.S. Bank’s footprint
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two deposits totaling $2,000 or more
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and online/mobile banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $6.95 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 8th, 2019
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new Checking Package by December 8th, 2019 and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code WEBNOV1
- Receive recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or U.S. bank mobile app by December 13th, 2019
The Fine Print
- You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- To earn the $300 bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) online by December 8, 2019.
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening, and be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by December 13, 2019.
- For assistance in enrolling in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App, contact customer service or your local branch.
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, and verification of enrollment in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- The account must be open and have a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- All regular account-opening procedures apply.
- Limit of one bonus per household.
- For a comprehensive list of account pricing, terms and policies, see the Your Deposit Account Agreement and the Consumer Pricing Information brochures.
- These documents can be obtained by contacting a U.S. Bank branch or calling 800-872-2657.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $6.95 monthly fee and is waived if you meet any of the following requiremnets:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+ – or –
- Average account balance of $1,500.- or –
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
This account has a $14.95 monthly fee but is waived if you have a U.S. Bank credit card. Many of us have a U.S. Bank personal credit card like Altitude, Flexperks, or Cash+ which would work to keep the account fee-free. Another option is to get the Gold account and get the fee waived if you have a good credit score and join the Because You’ve Earned It program.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about
We saw the same deal earlier this year. This is basically the best checking bonus that U.S. Bank offers, especially as it can be opened online. Definitely worth doing if you haven’t already done this bonus, we will be adding it to our list of the best checking bonuses. There is a $400 in branch bonus, but that seems to be YMMV. Might be worth checking to see if your local branch has that offer or not.
Hat tip to reader JohnnyBoyJr
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
3/30 Opened account
4/8 +2005 ACH Push (Discover Savings)
5/1 +1001 ACH Push (Discover Savings)
5/6 +300 Bonus posted
Anyone have issues accessing the site? I can’t log in today, get
“Sorry, our system is currently unavailable. Please try again.” message. Had the same problem last week. Usually I wait a few months before closing accounts, might just zero this one out and close now.
2/25/20 Opened account funded $50 with credit card
3/2/20 ACH Discover Bank $1001
3/26/20 ACH Discover Bank $1001
4/8/20 Adjusted Interest $300
$400 bonus posted today after the promised 90 days. One per lifetime language may not be enforced as I also received a personal checking bonus from them in Nov. 2018
Renewed it seems
So I believe unofficially, if you applied before last promotion ends, but approved after promotion ends, you are doomed just like me.
2/12 Opened with $50 CSP deposit
2/13 Monthly Fee $24
2/13 Monthly Fee Waived
2/18 Chase $1.1K Push
2/21 Chase $1.1K Push
3/5 $300 adjusted Interest
I set up Chase checking transfer and push $1.1k, but it shown up – “Real Time Payment From xxxx” in US bank side. Did I choose wrong transfer ? (I chose real-time transfer) or should I use “standard transfer” which said 2~3 biz days looks better like ACH or Direct Deposit.
leo yeah you shouldn’t choose real time transfer it won’t trigger the bonus, I hope you got the bonus another way
2-13-2020 ACCOUNT OPEN (Funded account with $25)
2-19-2020 $505 Electronic Deposit (Ally)
2-19-2020 $1505 Electronic Deposit (Ally)
3-05-2020 $300.00 Adjusted Interest
This took much longer than Chase’s direct deposit promotion and made me worried that the Ally deposits were not going to count. I thought I was going to have to rely on legitimate employer direct deposit to earn the new checking account bonus. I’m glad I checked today and saw the good news and hope this DP helps!
the bonus is back but has targeted language through 3/31/20 William Charles Chuck
Alive and well….https://www.usbank.com/splash/checking/checking-offer-Q1-2020.html
My bonus still has NOT posted. I completed 2 ACHs in December. But no bonus till 2/7. Will they post bonuses again later? I applied for the offer before Dec 8, but my account was approved after Dec 8. Could that be a problem?
Anyone in the same situation whose bonus has posted? This is terrible because USBank had told me that the offer was applied to my account even though I was approved after the deadline.
Which bank did you do ACH with? Was it push or pull? (Initiated on the other bank site, or on US Bank site?
I did an ACH push with Discover Savings. Originating from the discover website. 2 ACH pushes of $1004 and $1005. Both posted in the 1st week of January. No bonus so far. Do they count discover as a valid Direct deposit? Thanks.