Published on February 17th, 2019 | by William Charles24
[AK, OH, ID, IN, ME, MI, PA, UT, VT, OR] KeyBank $200 Checking Bonus
- Some reports of them being sensitive to too many ChexSystems inquiries
- You’ll receive a code like this: ONAS0119-000001406 (ONAS0118 is your promo code and the second string of numbers is your reservation code). I think this is no longer required for online openings.
- If you receive “this offer has ended” message it means your zip code isn’t eligible.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Offer available in the following markets ONLY: Alaska, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Toledo OH, Idaho, Indiana (Central and Northern), Maine, Michigan, Philadelphia PA, Utah, Vermont and Portland, OR
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ required
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Mixed DP, most likely does
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: $7 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2019
- KeyBank is offering a sign up bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promotional code ONAS0119
- Make a direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Open a qualifying KeyBank Checking Account on or before 05/31/2019, meaning a Key Express Checking® – (this is the basic banking account in New York) – or; Key Advantage® or; Key Privilege® or; Key Privilege Select Checking®; and make ONE single KeyBank direct deposit of $500 at the minimum within 60 days after account opening to get $200.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Limit one gift per qualifying account.
- Limit one gift per individual.
- The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT and deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements.
- Offer is available to new bank clients who have not had any type of account with KeyBank within the last 12 months. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
- Normal account service charges may apply.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift fulfillment are not eligible for this offer.
- Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, Non-Individual, and No Access are excluded from eligibility.
- Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined.
- Offer/coupon code is required and cannot be sold or transferred.
- Other miscellaneous charges may apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Key Express Checking $7 Monthly Fee
- Direct deposits of at least $500
- At least 8 customer initiated transactions (any deposits, withdrawals, which includes transfers)
Early Account Termination Fee $25
If you close your account within 180 days, you are required to pay an early account closure fee of $25
Best public bonus is when they offer $300 for opening the Key Express account, but KeyBank has been offering less and less public bonuses recently (there is currently a targeted bonus for $400/$500 but it’s rare). Might be worth doing this bonus if you’re eligible as there is no guarantee a better offer will come along.
Big thanks to reader, Xander who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times