Published on April 3rd, 2017 | by William Charles44
#AmexGift: $10 Off $200 on Amex Gift Cards ~$11 Profit Per Card
- Use an enrolled card to spend $200 or more on American Express gift cards and receive a $10 statement credit
The Fine Print
- Valid until July 31st, 2017
- Offer valid online only at www.americanexpress.com/gift
Let’s take a quick look at the fees:
- Shipping fee of $8.95, but if you have the premium shipping plan with Amex, the shipping is free.
- Purchase fee of $3.95.
You can waive one of these fees with a promo code, if you don’t have the premium shipping then you’ll want to waive the shipping. Codes are:
- MAR17FEE (should work until 4/30) for non activation fee
- FREESHP17A (should work until 6/30) for no shipping fee
This should also stack with 1.5% cash back through Topcashback (our review here). Let’s take a look at your profit:
- $10 from American Express offer
- Maximum fees of $3.95
- ~$2 in credit card rewards
- ~$3 in portal rewards
You should make about $11 profit per card that is enrolled in this offer, obviously the downside is actually getting rid of these cards but it’s still a return of 5.5% so even if you use them for everyday spend you’re doing well.
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?