Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Available to Arizona residents only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2020
- MidFirst Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete two of the three following requirements:
- Set up a $250 minimum direct deposit
- Complete 10 debit card purchases
- Complete three Zelle® transactions on the MidFirst Bank Mobile Banking App
The Fine Print
- To receive the $250 checking offer, two of the three requirements below must be completed within 90 days of new account opening:
- 1) Have direct deposit of $250 or more made to the new account. The direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of the account owner’s paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security).
- 2) Complete 10 debit card purchases. Multiple swipes for the same purchase amount at the same merchant do not qualify, and ATM transactions are not eligible.
- 3) Complete 3 Zelle transactions on the MidFirst Bank Mobile Banking App. Zelle transactions conducted in another banking application are not eligible.
- Checking promotional offer is available in Arizona only, and is not available to those whose accounts have been closed within one year or closed with a negative balance.
- Must be age 17 or older.
- Promotional offer valid for accounts opened 8/1/2020 through 12/31/2020.
- Promotional offer subject to change without notice and is not valid with any other promotional offers.
- Account must be open and in good standing to receive an account credit.
- The applicable credit will be made to the eligible customer’s checking account within 30 calendar days following completion of all requirements.
- Account credits are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or applicable tax form).
- Existing MidFirst Bank checking customers are not eligible for the checking offer.
- Checking offer is limited to one new promotional checking account per household. Go! Checking, Sun Devil Checking, and Sun Devil Solution Checking accounts are not eligible for offer.
- Account opening is subject to MidFirst Bank’s approval.
- Account Closing: Accounts closed within 90 days of opening may forfeit the amount equal to the promotional account credit received.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Looks like you can open the live free checking account for this bonus which has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 90 days to avoid any early account termination fee.
Hat tip to jmg2010
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times