Published on November 17th, 2019 | by William Charles4
[CA, In Branch only] Frontwave Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch only, Escondido, Wildomar confirmed, possibly Twentynine Palms, Barstow, Camp Pendleton, San Diego, San Marcos, Temecula, Yucca Valley. Must also Live, work or worship in either San Diego, Riverside or San Bernardino counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+ within 60 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None/cash advance in branch
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
No direct link to offer, offered in branch only
- Frontwave Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Sign up for eStatements
- Have one or more direct deposits with a minimum of $250 made into new savings or checking account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer valid in branch for accounts opened between June 1, 2019 through Dec 31, 2019 only.
- Checking offer is not available to existing members with a Frontwave Checking and/or Savings account. Limit one $100 offer per unique Social Security Number per 12-month period. Offer not available to those with fiduciary accounts or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days with a negative balance. To receive $100 checking bonus, members must meet all of the requirements to include: 1) Open a new Frontwave Primary Checking with VISA Debit and Savings account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a minimum of $100 into Checking account and deposit a minimum of $5 into Savings account upon account opening; 3) sign up for eStatements; AND 4) have one or more direct deposit(s) with a minimum of $250 made into new Savings or Checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- Direct deposit(s) need to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or government.
- After you have completed your direct deposit into the account, the $100 bonus will be deposited in Savings account as dividend adjustment within 90 days of account opening.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- Closed Account Fee: If the account does not remain open 6 months after account opening, the $100 will be charged against the account balance at time of closing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees on this account
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months the bonus is forfeit
Worth doing if you live near a branch and have already done the bigger bonuses available.
Hat tip to reader Kent C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times