Published on June 2nd, 2019 | by William Charles19
[CA only] Orange County’s Credit Union $100 Checking Referral Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 to both parties
- Availability: Membership in Orange County’s Credit Union is available to anyone who lives or works in Orange or Riverside Counties or the neighboring communities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos, or Signal Hill
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $100, Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: $0-$6, waivable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: August 20th, 2019
- Orange County’s Credit Union is offering a referral bonus of $100 to both parties. To receive the bonus the person being referred must:
- Opt for eStatements
- Have either Direct Deposit or 5 Debit Card purchases
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a better than free checking account with no monthly minimums or fees. Unfortunately the better than free checking account has to be opened in branch, if you open online your best bet is the basic checking account this has a $6 fee that is waived with a balance of $750+.
Early Account Termination Fee
You do need to keep the account open for 90 days, otherwise the bonus will be forfeit.
Feel free to share your referral information in the comments below. Relatively easy bonus to meet the requirements for and it’s a soft pull. Because of that I’ve added it to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times