Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for both parties
- Availability: Locations in California & Texas [Branch locator]. In branch only (maybe not)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (make sure you opt out of overdraft protection)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Yes, varies by product (at least $500)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: December 31, 2021
- Premier America Credit Union is currently offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a new checking account and receive a direct deposit of $200 or more
The Fine Print
- $100 Head Start Savings Bonus is a promotional offer available 09/07/21 – 12/31/21.
- Monthly ACH Direct Deposit (minimum $200) must be added to account in first 45-days from account opening to qualify. Offer subject to change or end without notice.
- A deposit of $5 into a Smart Savings account is required to join Premier America Credit Union.
- For businesses, a deposit of $250 into a Business Savings account is required to join Premier America Credit Union. Federally Insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Previously they offered a $100 referral bonus for both parties, but that didn’t require a direct deposit. That was a great offer, but hasn’t been back since 2018. Because of that I think if you’re interested in this offer I think it’s worth doing. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times