Update 8/4/20: Two updates:
- Referral links are now showing the 60,000 offer, so you’ll want to use one of those and help a friend.
- Readers are reporting that Chase is not matching this offer for those who signed up under the previous 40,000 points offer. Typically Chase does match for 90 days; not clear if they’ve made a permanent change to their matching policy or of it’s something specific here.
Direct link to offer | (see end of post for another option)
- Chase United Explorer is offering a bonus of 60,000 miles after $3,000 in spend within three months. The annual fee of $95 is also waived for the first year.
Offer valid through 9/30/20. This offer is not (yet) showing on the Chase site, but showing on United site.
- Annual fee of $95 is waived first year
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
- 25% off in flight purchases when using your card (including WiFi and food/beverages)
- $100 Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2 miles per $1 spend with United Airlines, restaurant and hotel purchases
- 1 mile per $1 spend on all other purchases
- Last seat availability
- Miles don’t expire
- Free checked bag when you pay with card (for 2 people)
- Priority boarding
- 2 Club passes per year
- No FX fees
Standard offer is for 40,000 miles. We have seen an offer was for 65,000 miles but that required $10,000 in total spend and is probably a worse offer for most people. Most of us aren’t traveling a ton now, but you might want to start stashing away some miles for the future.
Most people won’t be eligible due to the 5/24 rule, but useful for those who are. We’ll be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses. There’s also an increased offer for the United Club Infinite of 100,000.