Published on October 15th, 2018 | by William Charles9
[Expired] [Cities In TX, FL & AZ] Wells Fargo $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Direct deposit or 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports, likely doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: February 28, 2019
- Wells Fargo is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and meet one of the following requirements:
- Set up and receive at least three consecutive monthly direct deposits of $500 each within 150 days of account opening.
- Use your Wells Fargo Debit Card to make 10 posted purchases or payments each month of at least $1, for three consecutive months within 105 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- All consumer checking accounts except Teen CheckingSM are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card is not eligible.
- Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online. If you do not qualify for Everyday Checking, but do qualify for Opportunity Checking®, this offer can still be applied to the Opportunity Checking account.
- You cannot be:
- A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account.
- A Wells Fargo team member.
- A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Wells Fargo bonuses are coming in thick and fast, we’ve seen nationwide bonuses of the same amount. The upside to this bonus is that there is no direct deposit required. Downside is that it’s highly targeted. There is a $500 checking/savings bonus and a $200 checking bonus with no direct deposit required, but requires opening in branch.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times