Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: CO and WY
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes. They are also sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $3,000+
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- US Citizen: Yes, must be a permanent citizen to open online
- Expiration date: November 30, 2022
- Blue Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 (and a BruMate Hopsulator Trio) when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GOWB2022
- Receive a direct deposit within 90 days of account opening (must be $500+ in aggregate)
The Fine Print
- Get Outside with Blue: Receive a BruMate Hopsulator Trio plus a $200 account deposit for qualifying new referred memberships.
- New membership benefit eligible to members who have a minimum $500 aggregate direct deposit per month, credited in the first 90 days of membership and accounts must be maintained in good standing through the qualifying period.
- Cannot have held a Blue membership within the previous 90 days.
- New membership accounts will receive the $200 account deposit in the calendar month following the 90th day of membership. Member is responsible for any tax liability.
- Offer ends November 30, 2022. Subject to change.
- Offers may not be combined with other, same product offers. Limit one per social security number. BruMate Hopsulator Trio must be picked up in branch only.
- Limited quantity, available while supplies last.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Basic checking account has no monthly fees.
They have a high interest accounts that qualify for this bonus as well:
Early Account Termination Fee
Unsure if there are any early account termination fees.
Previously this was available nationwide, but looks like you need to open in branch now and branches are only in CO & WY. If anybody gets online opening to work let me know in the comments. Blue FCU is also exceptionally ChexSystems sensitive, ruling out the bonus for many. The rule seems to be that if you’ve had more than three new accounts in the last 6 months you’ll be denied.
Bonus itself is great if you meet the chexsystems requirements and we will add this to the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times