Published on February 1st, 2020 | by William Charles5
[CT] American Eagle Financial Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Update 1/28/20: Deal is abck and valid until February 29th, 2020. Hat tip to reader Chase-ing UR points
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in CT [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: October 15th – 19th, 2019
- American Eagle Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposits totaling at least $250 within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts opened between 9/16/19 and 11/2/19.
- Excludes My Basic Checking Account. Member must not currently have, or have had, an existing open Checking account with American Eagle Financial Credit Union (AEFCU) in the last 365 days.
- $5 Savings account required for AEFCU membership.
- To qualify for $100 bonus: Account holder must enroll for and complete direct deposits totaling at least $250 into new Checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- Account must be open, active, and maintain a $1 minimum balance through the payout period.
- One new checking opening-related bonus within a 12-month time period per member.
- Bonus will be deposited into member’s share Savings account within 120 days of account opening.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a $15 fee.
- Offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 180 days otherwise a $15 fee will be charged.
American Eagle offered a $150 bonus earlier in the year, this is obviously $50 less with the same requirements but seems to be available at all branches. They are also offering a 3% APY 5 month CD that might be useful to some readers.
Hat tip to reader Brenden F
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times