Published on June 7th, 2018 | by Chuck66
[Expired] Finn by Chase $100 Checking and Savings Bonus [Nationwide]
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Deposit required: $25
- Deposit length: 90 days
- APY: 0.01%
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $500, debit only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 6 months, forfeit bonus
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31, 2018
We reviewed the Finn by Chase alternative banking product here, and it’s now available nationwide to anyone with an iPhone (6S or newer). They’ve also increased the signup bonus from $50 to $100:
- Open a new Finn Checking and Finn Savings account (both accounts are opened at the same time), which is subject to approval
- Deposit $25 or more into the checking account
- Complete at least 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening
- Bonus will be deposited into your new account within 10 business days
The Fine Print
There aren’t any fees I’m aware of. Just be sure to leave the Finn account open for 6 months so as not to get the bonus clawed back.
$100 isn’t much but it’s a very easy bonus to do and some will find it worthwhile.
It’s vital to note that since Finn is part of Chase, you can not do this bonus if you have a Chase checking or savings account (seems you can open a Finn account, but can’t get a bonus). Chase allows one bonus per calendar year; not clear if you can do a Chase bonus and a Finn bonus in a single calendar year or if the calendar year limitation applies across both products.
I’m guessing they’re limiting us to one bonus across both products. Because of that, these Finn bonuses aren’t useful from a bonus-churning perspective since you can get much better bonuses by applying for an ordinary Chase checking account.
A lot of people might be interested in this bonus as it’s a nationwide and easy offer – Chase bonuses don’t typically work outside their footprint. This bonus also does not have a direct deposit requirement.
Hat tip to reader GG
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications