Published on March 29th, 2017 | by William Charles42
[YMMV] Huntington Bank $300 Checking Promotion, No Direct Deposit Requirement [OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV]
Update: This might be a targeted promotion as the mail out for this offer did include a unique promo code. I don’t see anything on the landing page that states it actually needs to be applied but YMMV as always. Additionally normally Huntington Bank offers pre-populate the promo code and this one doesn’t.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $1,000/$2,000
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None-$5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: May 23rd, 2017
- Huntington Bank is offering two bonuses on it’s checking accounts, they are as follows:
- Open a new Huntington 5 Checking account and receive a $300 bonus when you make $2,000 in deposits within 60 days of account opening
- Open a new Asterisk-Free Checking account and receive a $150 bonus when you make $1,000 in deposits within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Your bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements.
- Unfortunately, this offer is not available to existing checking customers, including fiduciaries, or those with checking accounts closed within the last six months.
- Huntington reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year
- This offer is only available to applicants residing in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- Remember, for tax purposes you will receive a Form 1099-INT from us for your cash bonus
Asterisk Free Checking $0 Monthly Fee
This account has no monthly fee
Hunting 5 Checking
This account has a $5 monthly fee, this is waived with a total relationship balance of $5,000+
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
For whatever reason Illinois and Wisconsin residents are not eligible for this bonus (they were recently added to the $200 bonus). This is the best ever bonus Huntington Bank have offered (apart from the $350 targeted offer). This bonus is pretty insane as it doesn’t really have any requirements for the bonus apart from depositing the $2,000 for the $300 bonus. Keeping it fee free is a little bit annoying, but you can always close the account after getting the bonus and eat the fees for a few months. This is definitely one of the best checking bonuses currently available. They also have a business checking bonus for $500 that’s worth doing.
Big thanks to reader, Steve who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications