Published on October 12th, 2018 | by William Charles40
[Expired] [IN, OH, ID, ME, UT, VT, PA] KeyBank $300 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 10/24/18: Bonus now requires 5 debit card/bill payments as well.
Reposting as I didn’t post the correct link to start with.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Offer available in the following markets ONLY: Central IN, Cincinnati, OH, Idaho, Maine, Utah, Vermont and Chalfont, PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ required
- Additional requirements: Use promo code MSAT1018
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Mixed DP, most likely does. Also reports of being ChexSystems sensitive.
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: $7 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: November 30th, 2018
- KeyBank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new eligible checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a single direct deposit of $500+
- Combination of five KeyBank debit card purchases and/or KeyBank Online Banking bill payments
The Fine Print
- Offer available in the following markets ONLY: Central IN, Cincinnati, OH, Idaho, Maine, Utah, Vermont and Chalfont, PA.
- You must open a Key Express Checking® Account (this is the basic banking account in NY), by November 30, 2018 and make ONE single KeyBank direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days after account opening to get $300.
- Normal account service charges and balance requirements apply.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, and No Access are excluded from eligibility. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer/Reservation number cannot be sold and is required to qualify.
- Limit one gift per qualifying account.
- Limit one gift per individual.
- The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT and deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
- Other miscellaneous charges may apply. Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® in the last 12 months.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift payment are not eligible. Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer
- . KeyBank is not responsible for and will not honor promotional offers that appear on third-party websites that are not authorized by KeyBank.
The $7 monthly fee on this account is waived if you do either of the following each statement cycle:
- Direct deposits of at least $500
- At least 8 customer initiated transactions (any deposits, withdrawals, which includes transfers)
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within 180 days, you are required to pay an early account closure fee of $25
KeyBank Relationship Rewards Membership Fee $30
This is optional so make sure you opt out of it.
The $400 deal we posted yesterday require a reservation number that was mailed out. I’ve seen the mail out for this offer and no reservation number was listed so it should be possible to open this without one. That means it’s publicly available. Typically these offers don’t last until the official end date, so if you’re interested we’d sign up sooner rather than later. I’ll definitely be adding this to the best checking bonus page as it’s well worth doing if you live in the targeted area.
Big thanks to reader, @TheSamOsborne who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times