Published on July 8th, 2018 | by William Charles11
[Expired] [MA only] Century Bank $100 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
This deal has expired and is no longer being offered. Click here for the best current bank account bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 checking bonus
- Availability: MA only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 9 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, sensitive (reader who sent it in was denied with 7 accounts in last 9 months). Not sensitive in branch?
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Century Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account:
- Make at least 9 debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To qualify for this offer, you must open a new Century Bank checking account. Offer is not available if any account owner is a deposit customer of Century Bank within the previous 24 months.
- All accounts are subject to our approval process.
- One $100 reward per household for making a total of nine Debit Card purchases within sixty days of account opening (ATM transactions do not qualify).
- Incentive coupon will be mailed to the address on file for the Century Bank checking account forty-five days following the completion of the qualified transactions.
- Offer requires the customer to have an established Century Bank checking account in good standing.
- Reward paid may be reported as income. Any taxes are the responsibility of the account holder.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer. Century Bank reserves the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
Silver checking has no monthly fee to worry about. You do need to opt out of paper statements otherwise a $4 fee will be charged.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Still need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull, it’s a shame they are ChexSystems sensitive though (although they aren’t sensitive in branch). I suspect most people that would want to do this bonus wouldn’t be eligible because of this. If anybody does go for it then please share your experiences in the comments below. I won’t add it to the best bank bonuses until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Steve L who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times