Published on February 24th, 2019 | by William Charles10
[MA, CT only] Westfield Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Warning: They offered a bonus in 2017 and it was mostly a disaster due to out of state applications being allowed and then automatically declined. I’d recommend reading through that thread to know what you’re getting yourself into.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: You will need to reside or work within Hampden or Hampshire Counties of Massachusetts or the Granby area, Northern Hartford, or Northern Tolland Counties of Connecticut or be enrolled in a school of higher education within Hampshire or Hampden Counties of Massachusetts.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements and order a debit card
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, report of being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $500. Can fund with American Express, Discover, Mastercard & Visa.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown, maybe 180 days bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Westfield Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new WB Free checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code ONLINE200
- Order a debit card and receive a $50 bonus
- Enroll in eStatements and receive a $50 bonus
- Sign up for direct deposit and receive $100 bonus
The Fine Print
- One offer per person available to new WB Free Checking account customers only.
- Order a debit card and enroll in online banking to receive $50. Enroll in e-statements and receive $50. Sign up for direct deposit and receive $100
- . The bonuses will be deposited into your account within 45 days after the criteria is met, which must happen within 60 days of account opening.
- Minimum balance to open a WB Free Checking account is $10
- Offer can be rescinded at any time. Promotional code: ONLINE200.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
With other bonuses account has needed to be kept open for 180 days to avoid losing the bonus.
Keep in mind the ChexSystems sensitivity and previous issues with other bonuses as well. I’ll be adding this to our best bonus page as you can get $100 of the bonus without a direct deposit and there are no monthly fees to worry about.
Hat tip to reader Mark A
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times