Published on January 13th, 2019 | by William Charles11
[MD, D.C., VA] Lafayette Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MD, D.C., VA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $50, 6 months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2019None listed?
- Lafayette Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you sign up for a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code DD2019
- Open account and initiate a qualified direct deposit by March 30th, 2019 and receive $50 bonus
- Receive an additional $50 bonus after first direct deposit which is deposited within 45 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Members who open a checking account and initiate a qualified direct deposit to Lafayette Federal Credit Union by March 30, 2019 will receive a $50 deposit to their savings account. 2An additional $50 will be awarded after first direct deposit which must be deposited no later than 45 days after account opening.
- Qualified direct deposit is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other periodic payment of at least $500 into a checking account on a month-to-month basis made by an outside organization or agency.
- Must be eligible for membership.
- If account is closed within first 6 months, initial $50 promotional deposit will be deducted from account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is no monthly fee to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 6 months otherwise a $50 fee is charged
We’ve talked about Lafayette FCU because of the $600 credit card bonus they offer. In terms of this bank bonus we need to know whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open before deciding if it’s worth doing. It’s certainly not the biggest or best bonus, but it might be worth doing if it’s a soft pull. If anybody goes for it then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Bradford N who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times