Published on December 13th, 2018 | by William Charles8
[WI only] Town Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Update 12/12/18: We originally said this was for the Milwaukee, Wisconsin branch only. But I think it’s available at all branches based on what readers have been reporting via e-mail and in the comments.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Wisconsin branches only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ required
- Additional requirements: Online banking and eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2018
No direct link, see mailer below. Reader who sent it in said they were able to successfully open the account without presenting the mailer, they just asked about it in branch so should be open to everybody. Fine print also just says you need to say your aware of the promotion when opening the account
- Town bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new total access checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Enroll in online banking
- Active eStatements
- Complete a monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more within the qualifying period
- The account is also offering 2.5% APY guaranteed for 12 months
The Fine Print
- Bonus will post within 30 days following the end of the qualification period if the requirements are met.
- The qualification period is two consecutive calendar months following the calendar month the account is opened
- “Direct deposit” means any payment made by a government agency, employer or other third-party organization which is made via an electronic deposit.
- Direct deposits do not include teller/ATM/mobile or remote deposits, wire transfers, online banking/telephone transfers between accounts at the bank, external transfers from other accounts at other financial institutions and/or ATM/debit card transfers and dpeosit
- Bank instructions: enter code WFCOODMTA300
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account has a $15 monthly fee. To avoid this you need a daily balance of at least $2,500 and an average daily balance of $5,000+.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not
Previous best bonus is $100. Seems like every other day there is a nice big bonus for those in Wisconsin, I wonder what drives the competition and bonuses so high there. Definitely worth doing if you live near a branch as it’s a soft pull to open. I’ll add it to the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Alex J who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times