Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $210
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in selected counties in MN & ND:
- MN: Anoka, Becker, Benton, Carver, Chisago, Clay, Dakota, Douglas, Grant, Hennepin, Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, Morrison, Otter Trail, Pope, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Wilkin, Wright
- ND: Cass & Richland
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Central Minnesota Credit Union is offering a bonus of $210 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open account by May 31st, 2020 and get $35 bonus
- Make 8 qualifying transactions for the following 5 months and you’ll receive a $35 monthly bonus at the end of each qualifying month – total of up to $210
The Fine Print
- Qualifying transactions include: check withdrawal and/or deposit, cash withdrawal and/or deposit, direct deposit (payroll, Social Security, etc.), debit card transactions, online transactions, mobile deposit, transfer to a loan or savings account (except Save The Change account transfers), ACH transactions, Bill Pay or Biller Direct, ATM Transactions, auto-transfers. Transactions that DO NOT qualify towards the 8 per month: Dividend deposit, fee withdrawal, Save The Change transfer.
- Limit one per social security number within the promotion time period.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee.
Bit annoying you need to complete 8 transactions for 5 months, but there is no direct deposit requirement which is nice. This is worth doing and we will be adding this to our best bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times