Published on September 30th, 2018 | by William Charles4
[Expired] [Monroe, CT only] Connex Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
This offer has now expired. View the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Monroe, CT only (155 Main Sreet 06468)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $350+ per month
- Additional requirements: 3 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 31st, 2018
- Connex Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new unbank checking account at the Monroe Branch and complete the following requirements:
- Set up recurring direct deposits of $350 or more per statement cycle
- Perform at least 3 debit card transactions
- You’ll receive $100 each statement cycle the above are completed
The Fine Print
- Offer effective for Unbank Checking accounts opened through October 31, 2018.
- A $25 balance in your Share Savings account is required.
- Must meet all Connex membership and checking account requirements.
- To qualify for a cash bonus up to $300, customers must set up recurring direct deposit of $350 or more per statement cycle and use their Connex Debit Card to perform a minimum of 3 posted and cleared debit card point-of-sale purchases per statement cycle (this does not include transactions at an ATM).
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. (Transfers from one account to another do not qualify.)
- Once completed, we’ll deposit the first $100 bonus into your new account within the following statement cycle.
- When you complete the qualifying requirements in the second month, an additional bonus of $100 will be deposited into your account in the following statement cycle.
- When you complete the qualifying requirements in the third month, an additional bonus of $100 will be deposited into your account in the following statement cycle.
- You have until March 31, 2019, to complete the requirements and earn the bonus.
- Accounts must be in good standing at the time the bonus is posted.
- Offer good for personal accounts only and limited to members who have not had a Connex checking account in the past 12 months.
- Limit one cash bonus per address.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Unbank checking has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee
Previous best bonus was $100 from Connex, this is significantly better but only available at the new Monroe branch. If you go in branch you should be able to find out if it’s a soft or hard pull to open. If anybody goes for it then please share your experiences in the comments below. For now I won’t be adding it to the best checking bonuses until we know more.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times