Published on March 26th, 2019 | by William Charles114
[NC, SC, TN, VA] HomeTrust Bank $150 Bonus + $5 Monthly
Update 3/26/19: Deal is back but not nearly as good as before. Now requires two direct deposits and says that these direct deposits will be manually verified. You must also live within the HomeTrust Bank footprint. Because of these changes we are no longer recommending this bonus Hat tip to reader Gadget.
Update: Reader Himo Yu found a link for a $150 bonus (instead of $100) might be worth asking if they can match you to this higher bonus if you recently applied. Obviously the bonus itself is $50 better than the old bonus.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150 bonus + $5 monthly fee
- Availability: NC, SC, TN, VA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None-$10
- Early account termination fee: 120 days, $25
- Household limit: Two
- Expiration date:
February 28th, 2019 May 31st, 2019June 30th, 2019
- HomeTrust Bank is offering a bonus of $150, to receive this bonus you need to complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET150
- Receive two qualified direct deposits of at least $250 each
- Debit card must be ordered
- You can also get an additional $5 a month if the account you open is an everywhere connect checking account and complete the following requirements:
- 10 or more signature debit card transactions per monthly statement cycle
The Fine Print
- Direct deposit enrollment and debit card order with new account required to qualify.
- A $150 bonus will be credited to the new checking account within two weeks from second qualified direct deposit.
- Transactions must post and settle to qualify.
- Two (2) direct deposits must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government of at least $250 each ($500 total).
- Direct deposit sources will be manually verified prior to bonus payment. Checking account must be opened with the promotional code by May 31, 2019 and a debit card must be ordered at account opening to receive the bonus.
- This offer applies to new personal checking customer accounts only and is limited to our Everywhere Connect, Premier, and Simple Checking account products.
- Offer cannot be combined with other offers and is limited to two (2) incentives per household.
- Offer is not available to customers who have closed an account within the past 90 days
- . If your account is closed within 180 days, an account closing fee equal to the bonus payment ($150) will apply.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Payments are subject to IRS tax reporting requirements.
- All accounts are subject to normal bank approval and minimum balance requirements.
- Bonuses are paid after a manual account review to verify criteria including but not limited to: direct deposit verification, debit card ordering, and physical address within the HomeTrust Bank market footprint.
Simple checking account has no monthly fee. Everywhere connect checking account (additional $5 bonus a month) has a $10 monthly fee this account has a $10 monthly fee, that’s waived if you complete with five debit card transactions or one recurring Direct Deposit. Make sure you opt for paperless statements otherwise you will be charged a $1.5 fee for paper statements.
There is also an inactivity fee of $4 if the account is inactive for three or more months.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days.
Previously they only offered the $5 monthly checking bonus, but now you can get an additional $150 sign up bonus as well. Unfortunately no longer worth doing due to all the reasons they have added in the fine print to deny the bonus. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our best bank bonus page. As always if anybody goes for it then share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times