Published on February 6th, 2019 | by William Charles93
[Expired] [NC, SC, TN, VA] HomeTrust Bank $150 Bonus + $5 Monthly
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses here.
Update: Reader Himo Yu found a link for a $150 bonus (instead of $100) might be worth asking if they can match you to this higher bonus if you recently applied. Obviously the bonus itself is $50 better than the old bonus.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150 bonus + $5 monthly fee
- Availability: NC, SC, TN, VA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None-$10
- Early account termination fee: 120 days, $25
- Household limit: Two
- Expiration date: February 28th, 2019
- HomeTrust Bank is offering a bonus of $150, to receive this bonus you need to complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET150
- Receive a qualified direct deposit of at least $250
- Debit card must be ordered
- You can also get an additional $5 a month if the account you open is an everywhere connect checking account and complete the following requirements:
- 10 or more signature debit card transactions per monthly statement cycle
The Fine Print
- Direct Deposit enrollment and debit card order with new account required to qualify.
- A $150 bonus will be credited to the new checking account within two weeks from first qualified direct deposit.
- Transactions must post and settle to qualify.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government of at least $250.
- Checking account must be opened with the promotional code by February 28, 2019 and a debit card must be ordered at account opening to receive the bonus.Offer applies to new personal checking accounts only and is limited to two (2) incentives per household. Offer can not be combined with other offers.
- Offer is not available to customers who have closed an account within the past 90 days. If your account is closed within 120 days, an account closing fee of $25 will apply.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Payments are subject to IRS tax reporting requirements.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Simple checking account has no monthly fee. Everywhere connect checking account (additional $5 bonus a month) has a $10 monthly fee this account has a $10 monthly fee, that’s waived if you complete with five debit card transactions or one recurring Direct Deposit. Make sure you opt for paperless statements otherwise you will be charged a $1.5 fee for paper statements.
There is also an inactivity fee of $4 if the account is inactive for three or more months.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days.
Previously they only offered the $5 monthly checking bonus, but now you can get an additional $150 sign up bonus as well. Most likely worth doing, but obviously not the biggest bonus. We will still be adding this to our best bank bonus page. As always if anybody goes for it then share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times