Published on March 11th, 2018 | by William Charles145
[Expired] [NJ & PA only] Provident Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired and is no longer available. View the best current checking bonuses by going here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: NJ & PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, ACH debit also accepted
- Additional requirements: Deposit $50 at account opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,500. Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2018
- Provident Bank is offering a $200 checking bonus when you open a new FREE $mart Checking and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $50 or more at account opening
- Have your direct deposit or one ACH automatic debit made to this account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive the $200 checking bonus: open a new Provident FREE $mart Checking account; deposit $50 or more at account opening; have your direct deposit or one ACH automatic debit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the cash bonus in your new account within 75 days of the last day of the promotion (May 31, 2018).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. According to this comment there is an early account termination fee of $15 if closed within 6 months.
Looks like you can open the eligible account only if you live in the service area, otherwise it won’t show up as an option. Seems like a great deal given it’s a soft pull, has a good amount of credit card funding and no direct deposit requirement (ACH debit will work) or monthly fees to worry about. This is definitely being added to the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, GG who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times