Published on June 4th, 2017 | by William Charles14
[Expired] [NM, NE, WY, CO] Bank Of Colorado $200 Checking Bonus + $50 Savings Bonus
This checking bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for a list of the best checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: NM, NE, WY, CO
- Direct deposit required: Yes, four deposits totaling $1,000
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: $4, not avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days otherwise bonus is forfeited, according to this comment there is also an early account termination fee of $75.
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
June 30th, 2017 August 31st, 2017December 31st, 2017
- Bank of Colorado is offering a $250 checking bonus when you open a new Diamond Secure Account, bonus is broken down as follows:
- $50 bonus if account remains open for 90 days
- $100 to be paid for 4 direct deposits or ACH credits totaling $1,000 or more
- $50 bonus for 20 debit card transactions
- $50 bonus for opening a savings account simultaneously
The Fine Print
- Account must be opened online.
- The minimum amount to open an account is $100.
- The maximum payment per customer is $250.
- This offer is for new checking account customers only.
- A new checking account customer eligible for the bonus is someone who has had no previous checking account relationship with Bank of Colorado in the previous 48 calendar months.
- $50 bonus to be paid if account remains open for 90 days. Additional $100 to be paid for 4 direct deposits or ACH credits totaling $1,000 or more. Additional $50 bonus after 20 debit card transactions. Additional $50 bonus for opening a savings account simultaneously.
- Requirements must be met within 90 days of account opening.
- Open to residents of New Mexico, Nebraska, Wyoming and Colorado only.
- The bonus you receive will be reflected on a 1099-INT that will be issued and reported to the IRS at year-end. Offer expires June 30, 2017.
This account has a $4 fee that you cannot avoid, you’ll be charged an additional $5 per month if you choose to receive a paper statement as well. You must keep the account open for a minimum of 90 days otherwise you will forfeit the bonus. There is also an early account termination fee of $75.
They used to offer a $200 checking bonus with no requirements, that was obviously significantly better than this bonus with a lot of requirements. The only benefit to this new bonus is you can also get $50 for opening a savings account. Personally I’d wait and hope that the no bonus requirement bonus comes back. Their sister bank (KS, MO, NE, IA, WY, CO) has a similar bonus for $100 with no bonus requirement and you can do both if you live in an overlapping state.
For now I won’t be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses due to the fact they have offered better bonuses in the past.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications