Published on November 17th, 2019 | by William Charles2
[NM, TX only] FirstLight Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: NM, TX only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $5, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- FirstLight Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new savings & checking account and complete the following requirements within 90 days of account opening :
- Sign up for Online or Mobile Banking,
- Make 10 or more purchases using your new Visa Debit Card,
- Set up direct deposit totaling at least $500
The Fine Print
- Receive a $100 deposit when you open a new FirstLight savings and checking account, sign up for online or mobile banking, make at least 10 purchases with your new debit card, and have a direct deposit of at least $500 deposited into your account within the first 90 days of account opening.
- ‘Accounts must be opened by December 31, 2019.
- Deposit will be made into checking account 90 days after account opening.
- Offer does not apply to existing account holders and account types.
- Member is responsible for federal tax reporting for incentives awarded during the year that are less than $600.
- If more than $600, FirstLight will provide tax reporting to member and Internal Revenue Service.
- Checking accounts can either be either the Simply Checking or Simply More Checking accounts.
- Share account requires a $5 minimum opening deposit.
- Limit one deposit per account structure
- . Offer valid only for new members.
- Membership eligibility requirements apply.
- Federally Insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The checking and savings account have no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $5 if the account is closed within 90 days of account opening.
We don’t know if this is a hard or soft pull, really need to know that before we can pass judgement but obviously it’s only a relatively small bonus so would only be worth doing if you haven’t done the bigger checking bonuses available.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times