Published on August 11th, 2017 | by William Charles1
[OK, KS, AR, Highly Select Areas only] Truity Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – No Bonus Requirements
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: You either need to be a relative of existing member, affiliated with a qualifying employer or community partner or Bartlesville, OK, Lawrence, KS or Springdale, AR regions and make a one time $25 donation
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2017
- Truity Credit Union is offering a $100 sign up bonus when you open a new simple checking account. There doesn’t seem to be any requirements to receive the bonus.
The Fine Print
- Must meet the minimum requirements to open a checking account.
- $100 bonus is for new accounts only.
- If your household already has a Truity checking account, you do not qualify.
- Bonus amounts of $10 or more may be reported on IRS form 1099INT.
- Offer expires 9/30/2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, but there is a $3 fee if you receive paper statements. According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee as well.
It’s a shame opening an account is so restricted as this would be a really easy bonus to get. Given that you need to donate $25 to join this bonus is really only $75 and not worth doing in my opinion (keep in mind you’ll be paying taxes on $100 as well). If anybody decides to go for it or finds an easier way to join please share it in the comments. I won’t be adding this to the best checking sign up bonus page for now.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications