Published on October 21st, 2019 | by William Charles3
[Expired] [Phoenica, NY only] Ulster Savings Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Promotion has now ended, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 10/21/19: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2019. Hat tip to reader EW
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Available at Phoenica branch in NY only.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 1st, 2019
- Ulster Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Direct deposit required, no minimum specified
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee.
Always nice to see a bonus with no monthly fees, it’s a shame the bonus is only available at that one branch. We’ve seen a $125 bonus from Ulster Savings Bank previously but that did require a direct deposit. If you live near a branch I do think this bonus is worth doing, if it’s a soft pull to open. Because you have to open this account in branch it should be possible to find out if it’s a hard or soft pull before opening.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times