Published on March 24th, 2018 | by William Charles12
[Expired] [Schenectady, NY Only] Capital Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This deal has expired and is no longer valid, click here for the best current checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Schenectady NY branch only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown, unlikely due to in branch opening been required
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2018
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open a Capital Bank checking account at their new Schenectady and complete the following requirements:
- Get a debit card (earn $10)
- Enroll in web banking (earn $10)
- Enroll in eStatements (earn $10)
- Enroll in Mobile Banking (earn $10)
- Enroll in bill pay (earn $10)
- Enroll in all 5 of the above and get an additional $50
- Receive a direct deposit (earn $25)
- Enroll in UChoose Reward (earn $25)
- Pay a Bill with Bill Pay (earn $25)
- Do all three of the above within 60 days of account opening and earn an additional $25
The Fine Print
- Offer valid through April 30, 2018.
- Must open a checking account for the opportunity to receive incentives.
- Incentives limited to one per person.
- Incentives paid only to primary account holder.
- Account must be opened at our Schenectady office, and is valid only for those without a current Capital Bank retail checking relationship.
- Customer can earn up to $200 maximum.
- Steps 1-5 and Bonus 1: Customer will receive $10 for each service added during account opening. If all five are added at the time of account opening, a bonus of $50 will be earned. All incentive(s) will be auto-credited to the account within 60 days of account opening.
- Steps 6-8 and Bonus 2: Customer will receive $25 for completing each step within 60 days of account opening; the first direct deposit, the first bill paid with Bill Pay and/or enrolling in UChoose Rewards®.
- Direct deposit must be a recurring deposit from an outside source.
- Complete all three and a bonus of $25 will be earned.
- All incentive(s) will be auto-credited to the account within 60 days after meeting the requirements.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
They offered a $200 bonus in the past with less requirements. This has a lot of requirements, but none of them are that hard to meet and you could still earn $150 without a direct deposit so that’s a plus. Obviously need to live near the branch for this to make sense. I’ll add this to our list of the best highly region specific checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Sasha who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times