Published on July 13th, 2019 | by William Charles15
[Expired] [Skagit County, WA] Peoples Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has epxired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Available in Skagit County, WA only. In branch only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 26th, 2019
- Peoples Bank (WA) is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new personal relationship checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have a direct deposit of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- This offer is available to new Peoples Bank checking customers who do not already have a personal checking account with us. A Personal Relationship Checking account is required and must be opened in person. The account owner must be 18 years or older at the time of account opening.
- You are not eligible for this offer if you are an owner or co-owner of a personal checking account or an employee of Peoples Bank. The offer is not available to those with fiduciary accounts (such as a trust, escrow, estate) or if your account has been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- In order to receive a $300 bonus, open a new Personal Relationship Checking account (subject to approval) with a minimum opening deposit of $100 and establish a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more that credits your account within 90 days of opening. The account must remain open and maintain a positive balance during this time.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) received electronically through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network by your employer or an outside agency. Non-qualifying direct deposits for purposes of this offer include transfers from one account to another. For example, transfers between your own accounts or person to person transfers using a service such as People Pay, Venmo, Zelle or deposits made at a branch, ATM, or through mobile deposit do not qualify.
- We will deposit the bonus into your checking account within 90 days after meeting all requirements of the offer. Bonus payment is limited to one bonus per new customer and personal checking account, including all individual and joint accounts. The bonus cannot be paid without a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number from the primary account owner. You are responsible for any federal, state or local taxes due on the bonus. Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Offer expires on July 26, 2019. This offer is subject to change and may be discontinued at any time without notice. Available at branches in Skagit County only. Not available for accounts opened online.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free has a $5 monthly fee that is waived with $10,000 in combined deposit balances or $100,000 in consumer or mortgage loan balances.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not.
Another Peoples Bank… get a more original name already. Onto the bonus itself, difficult to keep it fee free but might make more sense to just pay the small $5 monthly fee instead. It’s also highly location restricted so I’m guessing most people won’t be eligible. If anybody does go for it, then share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times