Published on May 29th, 2015 | by William Charles12
[Targeted]American Express SimplyCash Business Card $300 + $500 Bonuses
American Express have been sending out some very targeted sign up bonuses to their personal Costco cardholders and it looks like they’ve started targeting their TrueEarnings Business Card from Costco and American Express as well. Recently people have been receiving two separate offers (you can view the offer, but clicking apply will not work, if anybody gets the link to work let me know please)
- Receive a sign up bonus of $300 when you spend $1,000 or more within the first three months
- Receive a sign up bonus of $500 when you spend $5,000 or more within the first three months
- 5% cash back at office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- 3% cash back on your choice of the following categories: Airfare purchased directly from US airlines, hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels, car rentals purchased directly from select car rental companies, U.S gas stations, U.S restaurants, U.S purchases for advertising in select media, U.S purchases for shipping. This category can only be changed once annually.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- You only earn 5% on a maximum of $25,000 per year (total rewards maximum = $1,250), after that you’ll earn 1%
- You only earn 3% on a maximum of $25,000 per year (total rewards maximum = $750), after that you’ll earn 1%
- Can be enrolled in the American Express OPEN savings program
Normally this card does not come with a sign up bonus, although they frequently offer a bonus of $250 after $5,000 in spending within three months (this offer is currently available) so both of these offers are significantly better than that.
If you have a TrueEarnings business card and weren’t targeted, it might be worth calling American Express to see if they can extend this deal to you or not, although I doubt they will. Hopefully somebody will be able to get the application links to work, as a $500 sign up bonus on a card that also has 5% categories would be very useful indeed.
- American Express business cards are churnable, you can get the the bonus again after twelve months.
- Check to see if you have any targeted bonuses with American Express
- American Express does combine multiple credit pulls into one, learn more here
- American Express usually does not match higher sign up bonuses, but it’s always worth asking.
- American Express will expedite some cards
- It’s possible to get American Express to increase your credit limit by three times it’s starting amount, found out how to do it here.
- If you don’t get approved automatically, make sure you call the reconsideration number.
- Learn how to re-allocate your credit limits with American Express