Published on February 9th, 2020 | by William Charles30
[VA only] Chesapeake Bank $100 Savings Bonus – No Requirements
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: VA only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 12th, 2020
- Chesapeake Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new savings account. This is for people that have completed the money smart program (see links in the sidebar)
The Fine Print
- Offer limited to one new savings account per person. Offer available to savings accounts opened between 2/3/2020 and 04/30/2020 and may be discontinued at any time.
- $100 will be deposited to the new savings account 60 days after account opening.
- Account needs to be open and in good standing at the time of deposit, otherwise the $100 deposit will not take place.
- The minimum balance to open a Totally-Free Savings is $100, a Solo-Savings minimum to open is $200, a Youth Savings minimum to open is $25, a Clear Sky Savings has no minimum to open.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The totally free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Seems like a good deal as it’s a soft pull as there are no real requirements for the bonus. Unfortunately seems to be ChexSystems sensitive so keep that in mind. I will add this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader IS250
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times