Published on February 10th, 2019 | by William Charles106
[VA, MD NC] Union Bank & Trust $100 Checking Bonus
Update 2/10/19: Bonus is back and valid until April 14th, 2019
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must reside in Virginia, Maryland or North Carolina
- Direct deposit required: Two direct deposits of $250+ required
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, Inquiry sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $25
- Expiration date:
December 30th, 2016 May 31st, 2017 June 30th, 2017 November 18th, 2017 July 31st, 2018November 30th, 2018
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you open a new free checking account with Union Bank & Trust and complete the following:
- set up one recurring qualified direct deposit in which two direct deposits of $250 or greater are received within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the $100 cash bonus, you must (1) open a new personal Checking account, by July 31, 2018, AND (2) set up one recurring qualified direct deposit in which two direct deposits of $250 or greater are received within 60 days of account opening.
- A “qualified direct deposit” is a direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other eligible regular monthly income, electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into your new checking account.
- Cash bonus is only available to new customers that do not currently have a personal checking account with us and have not received a cash bonus from us in the prior 12 months.
- Bonus may not be combined with any other offer and may be withdrawn without notice.
- $100 Cash Bonus Payment: $100 cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 30 days after all terms of offer are met.
- Your checking account must be in good standing at time of payment to receive cash bonus award. Cash bonus value will be reported to IRS as taxable income.
The free checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. According to the fee schedule you’ll be charged an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
- Bonus is back and valid until November 30th, 2018. Hat tip to reader SG & neverchurningbutter
- Bonus is back and valid until July 31st, 2018. Thanks to reader Gadget. They might also allow you to open if you’re in NC now as well.
- Offer is back and valid until November 18th, 2017 now. Hat tip to reader Humberto de Richmond
Offer is significantly better than it was before as you can open online and there is no monthly fee to worry about. Still by no means the best checking sign up bonus, but better than it previously was especially with the credit card funding. As always share your data points in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon & Gadget who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank