Published on February 6th, 2019 | by William Charles52
[Expired] [YMMV] Wells Fargo $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update: There is currently a $400 bonus available.
Reposting as it seems like it’s working in areas not in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando and Phoenix. Try your zip and see if it works.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: YMMV, try your zip to see if it works
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports, likely doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None, don’t close account straight away please
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: February 28th, 2019
- Wells Fargo is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Wells Fargo checking account and complete either of the following requirements:
- Within 150 days of account opening receive cumulative monthly direct deposits of $500 for three consecutive months.
- Debit card, within 105 days of account opening complete ($1 minimum per debit card transaction):
- Any combination of 10 posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments within the first 45 days after opening your account;
- 10 additional posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments (in any combination) within the following 30-day period; AND
- 10 additional posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments (in any combination) within the final 30-day period.
The Fine Print
- This offer is intended for new checking customers only. You must have a valid bonus offer code. You are not eligible for this offer if:
- You are a current owner of a Wells Fargo consumer checking account.
- You are a Wells Fargo team member.
- You have received a bonus for opening a Wells Fargo consumer checking account within the past 12 months.
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by February 28, 2019. All account applications are subject to approval.
- A qualifying direct deposit is the customer’s salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network by your employer or an outside agency.
- A non-qualifying direct deposit for purposes of this offer include transfers from one account to another (for example, transfers between your own accounts, or person-to-person transfers using a transfer service such as Zelle®), or deposits made at a branch or ATM, or through mobile deposit.
- We will deposit the bonus into your new consumer checking account within 45 days after meeting all offer requirements.
- The new checking account must remain open in order to receive any earned bonus payments.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on the bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
- Offer expires February 28, 2019.
- Offer available in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando and Phoenix area Wells Fargo branches, or online at www.wellsfargo.com/bonusoffer.
- Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time without notice.
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (W-9).
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer (limit one bonus per customer/account).
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Fine print says it’s valid in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando and Phoenix area branches, or online. But if you try to open online outside of those areas it gives an error message. There are some other checking bonuses Wells Fargo offers:
- [MT, ND, SD, MN, WI] Wells Fargo $500 Checking & Savings In Branch Bonus
- [In-Branch only] Wells Fargo $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Some people might prefer this $200 bonus to the $250 bonus that was offered recently as this one has no direct deposit requirement. Because of that and the fact that the $300 bonus is no longer available I will be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, DCJoe & Aggie12 who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times