Published on September 22nd, 2019 | by William Charles6
[Expired] [WI only] Bank Of Sun Prairie $150 In Branch Checking Bonus + $150 To Charity – Direct Deposit Optional
Deal has expired, view more checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 9/22/19: Bonus available again and valid until September 30th, 2019. Hat tip to reader Carl
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150 + $150 to charity
- Availability: State of Wisconsin residents only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 75 days or you’re not eligible for bonus
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2018
- Bank of Sun Prairie is offering a bonus of $150 to you and a $150 donation to your favorite Dane County charity or non profit when you complete ONE the following requirements:
- Two or more direct deposits from a valid employer payroll/pension or government entity of $250 or more within 75 days of account opening
- 30 signature based debit card transactions that post to the account within 75 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Qualifying Activity: Customer must have 2 or more direct deposit credits (ACH credits) from a valid employer payroll/pension or government entity of $250 or more or thirty (30) signature based debit card transactions must post to the account within 75 days of opening account to receive the $150 cash bonus and $150 charity or non-profit donation.
- The $150 cash bonus will be deposited into the checking account within 90 days of account opening.
- Account must remain open for 75 days to be eligible for cash bonus.
- If the account becomes overdrawn within the first 75 days, Bank of Sun Prairie reserves the right to deny this incentive
- Offer applies to new consumer checking account households that must be opened with new money not currently on deposit at Bank of Sun Prairie.
- One offer per household and available to State of Wisconsin residents only.
- Donation to non-profit will be made after the $150 cash bonus is paid to the customer.
- Bank of Sun Prairie employees and their immediate families are not eligible for this offer.
- Cash bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and you are responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Postcard must be presented or mention of promotion at account opening to receive the bonus.
- Offer expires September 30, 2018 or at the discretion of Bank of Sun Prairie.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Freedom checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be open for at least 75 days, not sure if there is a fee outside that.
They have previously had bonuses of $300 (business checking) & $250. Normally I’d just recommend waiting for those bigger bonuses to come back, but they were back in 2016 so I wouldn’t hold your breathe. In addition this also includes a $150 donation to charity so why not use this hobby to do some good in the world as well? Given that this is a soft pull, no monthly fees and it doesn’t require a direct deposit we will be adding it to the best bank bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times