Published on October 13th, 2018 | by William Charles35
[Expired] [YMMV & MA, RI, CT, NH, ME or VT only] Rockland Trust Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Bonus is back and valid until November 30th, 2018. Keep in mind it still contains the targeted language. Hat tip to reader Dan.
Originally said it was MA only but it’s actually open to MA, RI, CT, NH, ME or VT. Still has the targeted language, so keep that in mind. Hat tip to reader Aleks.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability:MA, RI, CT, NH, ME or VT only, also says you must be the person residing at the address on the mailer
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,000+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500. Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover are accepted.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
August 26th, 2017 August 31st, 2018November 30th, 2018
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a new worry-free checking account before November 30th, 2018 with Rockland Trust and complete the following requirements:
- Receive direct deposits totaling $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer must be redeemed by person residing at the address on the mailer.
- Non Transferable.
- One per Customer and Household.
- Individuals who currently own or have had a Rockland Trust Checking account within the 90 days prior to the account open date are not eligible.
- To be eligible for the $200 bonus you must open a new Worry-Free Checking account between July 6, 2018 and August 31, 2018.
- To earn the $200 bonus you must have Direct Deposits totaling $2,000 post to your account in the first 90 days.
- The bonus will be paid directly to your account by December 31, 2018.
- Bonus payment will be reported to the IRS for the tax year in which it is paid. Offer may be discontinued at any time without prior notice
Worry free checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure on any early account termination fees.
Previously they offered the same bonus but required debit card transactions instead of direct deposits. Sadly we still don’t know if it’s a hard pull and if the targeted language is enforced or not. If anybody knows then please share your experiences in the comments below. For now it won’t be added to our best checking bonuses, at least until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, DT who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications