Published on May 14th, 2018 | by William Charles12
[Expired] [Targeted] AmEx Offer: AmExTravel.com, Spend $600+ On Hotels & Receive $100 Statement Credit/10,000 Membership Rewards
Offer has expired, view more AmEx offers here.
No direct link, targeted offer
- Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled card to make a single purchase of $600+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com by 07/15/2018
- Some people have the same offered but for $100 instead of 10,000 Membership Rewards points. The version you receive usually depends on the card you hold (e.g MR earning cards get MR offer and cash back cards get the cash offer).
The Fine Print
- Excludes Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Targeted offer, must use an enrolled card
Important to keep in mind this only works for prepaid hotel bookings and not flights and you also need to spend $600 in a single purchase. Would be so much more useful if it included flights as it’s much easier to get discounts on hotels and if you’re booking at the larger chain hotels then you need to book directly to get elite night credits, have your status recognized and earn points. I personally book my hotels normally through Hotels.com and I’m able to get 20%+ off without any issue and up to ~35% with discounted gift cards. This American Express discount is only slightly over 16.5% (more depending on how much you value MR points). Offer is slightly better on Platinum cards as they also earn 5x on amextravel.com purchases. Last time they offered this deal it was spend $500 and get $100 back, so this time around it’s not as good.
Hat tip to reader curmudgeon
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?