Published on April 20th, 2019 | by William Charles16
[Expired] [IL, In Branch] North Shore Community Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 4/2o/19: Available until June 28th, 2019
This is a WinTrust Community Bank, so I think the details for hard/soft pull will be the same as this similar deal from another WinTrust Bank (Town Bank) but it’s possible they could be different. Another person also reporting receiving a mailer from Clarendon Hills Bank, also located in IL [Branch locator]. Another person reports it being available at Hanover Park Community Bank as well.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Illinois branches only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ required
- Additional requirements: Online banking and eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: March 29th, 2019
No direct link, see mailer below. This is a WinTrust bank, in a similar WinTrust Bank deal the mailer wasn’t required and the promotion was available to everybody. Fine print also just says you need to say your aware of the promotion when opening the account
- Open a new Premier Checking account and receive a bonus of $300 when you complete the following requirements:
- Enroll in online banking
- Active eStatements
- Complete a monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more within the qualifying period
The Fine Print
- Bonus will post within 30 days following the end of the qualification period if the requirements are met.
- The qualification period is two consecutive calendar months following the calendar month the account is opened
- “Direct deposit” means any payment made by a government agency, employer or other third-party organization which is made via an electronic deposit.
- Direct deposits do not include teller/ATM/mobile or remote deposits, wire transfers, online banking/telephone transfers between accounts at the bank, external transfers from other accounts at other financial institutions and/or ATM/debit card transfers and dpeosit
- Bank instructions: enter code WFC00DMPC300
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account has a $15 monthly fee. To avoid this you need a daily balance of at least $10,000 or an average combined balance of $75,000+
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not
If this turns out to be the same as the Town Bank deal then this is definitely worth doing, that remains to be seen though. That being said it should be at least possible to find out if it’s a soft or hard pull to open the account before opening it as you need to open in branch. We will likely add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses. One thing to note is this account is more difficult to keep fee free than the Town Bank deal unfortunately.
Big thanks to reader, Marvin M who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times