Published on December 3rd, 2018 | by William Charles104
[Expired] Santander $300 Checking Bonus [NH, MA, RI, CT, DE, NY, NJ, or PA only]
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: NH, MA, RI, CT, DE, NY, NJ, or PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more within first 90 days
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft,
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within 90 days of opening
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2018
- Santander Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new simply right checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Enter promo code DIGBONUS300DMP during sign up
- Have direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more during the first 90 days & keep account open for at least 90 days (and open at time of bonus posting)
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Offer is not available if any account owner is a current Santander checking customer or has had a Santander checking account in the last 12 months prior to account opening.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other bonus offer. Eligible new account must be opened between 10/1/2018 – 12/31/2018.
- The account needs to be open for at least 90 days and remain open in an eligible account type until payment of bonus, which will occur within 30 days thereafter.
- In addition, the account must remain open and in good standing to be bonus eligible.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS on Form 1099-INT.
- If multiple accounts are opened with the same signer, only one account will be eligible for the bonus.
- For new checking account customers only.
- Offer is only available to residents of NH, MA, RI, CT, DE, NY, NJ, or PA.
- Eligible accounts include the following with these minimum opening deposit requirements: Simply Right® Checking ($25), Santander® Basic Checking ($25), Santander® Premier Plus Checking ($50), and Santander Select® Checking ($150).
- Santander considers direct deposits to be automatic electronic deposits made to your account by someone else, such as an employer issuing payroll or a government paying benefits. It may not include deposits to your account that are made by an individual using online banking or an internet payment provider.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free is Simply Right Checking. There is a $10 monthly fee that is waived when you make any financial transaction. Includes deposits, withdrawals, transfers or payments. Excludes fees, rebates or adjustments posted by Santander.
Early Account Termination Fee
$25 if closed within 90 days
For a long time the sign up bonus has been $225, the requirements are the same for this $300 bonus so this is just an extra $75. I definitely think this is worth doing if you live in one of the eligible states, it’s a shame that it’s not available nationwide anymore but again still worth doing if you live in an eligible state. I’ll be adding this to our best bank bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, Bob Roberts who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times