Published on July 23rd, 2018 | by William Charles10
[Expired] [Targeted, Middle Tennessee] First Tennessee $300 Checking Promotion
Deal has expired and is no longer being offered. View the best current checking bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Middle Tennessee. Also targeted
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: Open with at least $100
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $300
- Monthly fees: $7-$12, waiveable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for six months, or bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 1st, 2018
No direct link, sent out via snail mail
- Open a new First Tennessee checking account with the promo code COF300 and receive a bonus of $300 when you complete the following requirements:
- Open account with at least $100
- Have at least one direct deposit post to your account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Expires 9/1/2018.
- Only available to mailer recipients who reside in Middle Tennessee.
- To receive your $300 checking bonus, open a checking account online at ftb.com and ensure the code COF300 appears in the online application where “Offer/Promo code” is requested.
- Must have an opening deposit of at least $100 and at least one direct deposit must post within 60 days of account opening.
- Valid for new checking households only.
- If a household has opened or closed a FTB or Capital Bank account in the last 12 months they are not eligible.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Express Checking, $7 Monthly Fee
This is waived if you have at least 1 direct deposit during a statement cycle and is the obvious choice for which account to pick.
Classic Checking $8 Monthly Fee
This cannot be waived (and has been increased in the last couple of months).
Select Checking $9 Monthly Fee
This is waived if you have at least 1 direct deposit and 15 customer-initiated debit transactions during a statement cycle.
Premier Checking, $12 Monthly Fee
This is waived if you have a minimum of $5,000 in combined monthly balances (checking, savings, bank IRAs, or CDs) during a statement cycle.
Early Account Termination Fee
The fine print states that the account must be kept open and in good standing for 6 months. We can assume that they will take the bonus back if you don’t fulfill this requirement.
Even though the terms of the offer state that it “cannot be combined with other checking offers”, readers in the past have had success combining the referral bonus with the checking account bonus. In order to receive the referral bonus, you must submit the referral form first, THEN sign up for the $300 bonus.
Note that the terms of the referral are slightly more strict with respect to the direct deposit requirement. You will need to complete two direct deposits of at least $100 each within 60 days of account opening.
If you meet the requirements, both you and the referrer will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card (within about 6 weeks). Please do not leave your referral links in the comments, leave them in this linked post.
This has been offered before with the same promo code, but it did have a public landing page. People were able to get that bonus even though they weren’t targeted. I’m not sure if this will be the case this time again or not. Last time it was also restricted to Middle Tennessee and North Carolina, not sure if that’s the case this time again or not. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, kamikazejello who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times