Published on May 19th, 2017 | by Chuck103
Wells Fargo $150 Checking Bonus [Select Areas Only]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Enter zip code to see eligibility
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Debit purchases, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports, likely doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None, don’t close account straight away please
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: September 15, 2017
- Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account with Wells Fago and within 60 days complete both of the following two requirements:
- Make 10 debit card purchases/payments.
- Make two purchases that total at least $10 using the Wells Fargo Debit Card loaded to your mobile wallet.
Enter your zip code to check eligibility. The following areas are eligible:
Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boise, ID; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO; Columbus, GA; Denver, CO; Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Wayne, IN; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harrisburg, PA; Hartford & New Haven, CT; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN; Monterey-Salinas, CA; Norfolk, VA; Omaha, NE; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Reno, NV; Richmond-Petersburg, VA; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Seattle-Tacoma, WA; Spokane, WA; W. Palm Beach, FL.
The Fine Print
- Not eligible for bonus if you are: 1) a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account; 2) a Wells Fargo team member; 3) a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
- Bonus available in-branch or online
- Initial deposit of $25 required during account opening
- Transactions at an ATM or purchases/payments made using your checking account number and routing transit number through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) do not count as a debit card purchase/payment
- The mobile wallet purchases can be made with Wells Fargo Wallet for Android, Android Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay
- Offer cannot be paid without providing a valid (W-9) and U.S. taxpayer ID number
- Offer can not be combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Bonus will post to your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities as required
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Hopefully, most readers got in on the $250 Wells bonus earlier this year which disqualifies them from this bonus, as per the terms. If not, this is an easy $150 bonus.
I’m skeptical if we’ll see the $250 back, but who knows or maybe it’ll be back as a more targeted thing. Maybe the best plan is to keep an eye on this one until September (when it expires) and then pull the trigger if nothing better surfaces by then.
We’ll add this to our list of Best State-Specific Bank Bonuses.
Hat tip to r/churning
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications