American Express rolled out a new referral offer on the American Express business Platinum card. The referrer gets 15,000 points, while the new members gets the following:
- Get 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 within 3 months of signup.
- Get an additional 35,000 Membership Rewards points after spending an additional $10,000 within 3 months of signup.
- Annual fee of $595 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or hotels booked directly from AmericanExpress Travel website
- 1.5x points on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Internet Access:
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- View these other hidden benefits
- SoulCycle benefits
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once per lifetime.
This YMMV offer of 110,000 points might still be available, and there’s also the call-in method which offers (YMMV) 100,000 points on just $10,000 in spend; otherwise the 85k referral offer is the best around as the public offer is just 75,000 points. The referral offer also gets the referrer somewhere between 5,000 and 20,000 points, depending which card they refer from. There was recently a 100,000 offer on $25,000 spend, available both publicly and via referrals, that offer has expired.
As always you can read more about American Express cards here. Do not leave referrals in the comments.
Hat tip to reader Vic