Published on January 18th, 2015 | by William Charles0
Best Posts This Week: $20 For Free, 75,000 Point Sign Up Bonuses, Getting More Than One Retention Bonus & More
If you’ve been applying for a lot of credit cards, chances are you have a lot of hard pulls on your credit report. This week we showed you how to bump these off your report to help increase your chances for getting approved for even more credit.
One of the easiest cash bonuses this year will surely be the Upromise portal bonus. You get $20 cash in your account just for signing up, no purchase requirement at all. There are plenty of people offering to give referrals in our post on the bonus, those doing the referring also get $20 (up to a limit of $200).
I investigated the Bank of America preferred rewards program, it’s possible to get 2.625% cash back on all purchases but you’ll need to have a lot of money with Bank of America or Merrill Edge to get this higher rate. It’s also possible to get some pretty good cash back on select categories at well, this might make sense for some of you.
We had one of our best guest posts ever. PedroNY shared ‘Retention Bonus Rules & Tips For Each Card Issuer‘, I never knew it was possible to get more than one retention bonus per year. Myself and other readers have been cleaning up since that post aired, I’d strongly recommend reading it and putting it into practice. There is nothing better than getting some free points/miles or even cash.
There were a couple of increased sign up bonuses on the American Express gold cards. It’s possible to get 75,000 Membership Rewards points after $5,000 in spend on the Business Gold & 50,000 Membership on the personal Premier Rewards gold.
All Of Our Posts This Week
- [WI, IL, IA, MN] Anchor Bank $150 Checking Account Bonus
- Receive $250 For Setting Up A Spark Business Checking Account From Capital One With Coupon Code “DIG”
- Free Money: $5-10 from TopCashBack with Fax-N-Go, & List of all TopCashBack Free Money Opportunities
- Best Posts This Week, Jan 11th: Earn Cashback & Miles For Paying Your Rent, Win $225
- H&R Block Goes Back On Their Word, Won’t Be Honoring $25 Promotion
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Southwest Companion Pass
- An Introduction To B* (Bumpage) & C* (Choppage)
- Best Cash Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses For 2015
- Bank of America $300 Checking Promotion
- American Express Business Gold: Up To 75,000 Membership Rewards Points Annual Fee Waived
- Join Upromise, Get $20 For Free (No Requirements)
- American Express Fidelity (2% Cash Back) Now Offering 5% Cash Back Categories
- Activate Currency Converter On Your Amazon Seller Account & Receive $100/£60
- [Targeted] Two Opportunities for Bank of America Cardholders with Bank Amerideals
- American Express Personal Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $1,000 Spend
- Capital One ShareBuilder IRA and Brokerage Account Bonuses: 3 Bonuses & Up To $600 In Cash
- Marriott Rewards Premier 70,000 Point Offer Is Back For Some
- Will It Be A Hard Pull If I Apply For The PayPal Business Debit MasterCard (PPBDC)
- T-Mobile Mobile Money $20 Bonus If You Deposit Your Tax Refund
- Chase, Bank of America, Ally & Others Will Give Consumers Free FICO Scores In 2015
- 500 Free Lufthansa Miles & More
- A Couple Of New Updates for Old Amex Blue Cash Card
- My Credit Card Application Strategy
- Interview With Roomer Travel CEO – Buy & Sell Nonrefundable Hotel Rooms
- Stacking Discounts With eBay (10%+)
- Citizens Bank & Charter One $1,000 College Savings Bonus [MI, OH, CT, DE, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT Only]
- Small Gift Gard Arbitrage Opportunity: 20% Discount On Macy’s Giftcards At Raise.com
- From My Inbox: Year Reset on Old Blue, and [Targeted] Redbird $20 Bonus with Tax Refund
- Redesigning The Blog – What Would You Like Changed?
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards Program: 5.25% Cash Back On Travel & Gas, 3.5% Grocery, 2.625% All Purchases
- New Weekly Series Posts Coming To Doctor of Credit – Get Excited!
- Retention Bonus Rules & Tips For Each Card Issuer – Get More Than One Bonus Each Year
- New PayPal + Green Dot Product (Load At Register)
- Get A Free Jet.com Six Month Membership
- [Targeted]Receive 3x Miles On Your Citi Executive AAdvantange Card
- Citi Hilton HHonors Card Adds Some New Benefits
- American Express Business Gold 75,000 Points After $5,000 In Spend Offer
- Should I Opt Out Of Receiving Promotional Credit Card Offers?
- Access New Credit Karma Site With Equifax & TransUnion Data Now Available
- American Express Business SimplyCash Bonus Now $250 After $5,000 In Spend
Best Posts From Around The Web
- You Can’t Get Two IHG Rewards Mastercards, But You Can Get Another 80k Points! by Miles Remaining
- Guest post: the case AGAINST FlexPerks — because US Bank is just too hard by Tagging miles as a guest post on Freequent Flyer
- Confirmed: Chase Freedom bonus excludes Walmart (and probably Target) by Freeqeunt Flyer if you haven’t already enrolled with the other 5% cash back cards, you can do so here.
- Stop “Junk” Mail Associated With Your American Express Platinum for a Statement Credit? by Just Another Points Traveler
- Synchrony credit cards part 2: The ones I don’t have by PFdigest
- 35% Bonus on American Express Transfers to Virgin America Through February 15 by View from the Wing
- Yeah, things are a bit slow for reselling. I’m going to do some MS… plus one bank that takes CC for mortgages by Big Habitat. This same credit union also offers a rewards checking account
- Top 6 REDbird solutions by Frequent Miler
- Billy Joel Helped Me Meet My Minimum Spend & a Good TicketMaster Hack by PointsCentric
- JetBlue Double TrueBlue Base Points Through March 8, 2015 by One mile at a time
- Your Guide to Eating Etiquette Abroad by Co-operative Travel
- Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts Adds Free In-Room Wifi Benefit by One Mile At A Time
- Some AAdvantage accounts have been compromised by The winglet
- 3x Points Hertz Promotion by Points, Miles & Martini’s
- Quick And Easy Way To Get 5,000 Aegean Miles + Bonus Miles For Free (must be silver or gold with Aegean) by Running With Miles. Love the article, hate the title. Please stop writing such clickbait titles.
- How To Book A Flight To Cuba As An American by Triphackr, fantastic country.
- 25,000 United Miles for Buying a Used Mercedes, and Someone Read Their Own Terms and Conditions Please! by View From The Wing
- Cool – Get $25 In Free Getaround Rides – And My Experience With The Service by Mighty Travels
- IHG Rewards Club “Into the Nights” free nights are surprisingly easy to use by Freequent Flyer
- US Airways Dining: Sign Up & Dine Bonus- 2,000 Miles by Michael W Travels
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards Offering Double Stay Credits In 2015 by One Mile At a Time
- Are You Eligible? Free American Airlines Executive Platinum Fast Track! by Travel Codex
- Free Movie Rental from Target Ticket by Oren’s Money Saver
- Why Tipping Should Be Banned by College Humor, don’t worry I tip generously but I despise the tipping culture.
- Don’t Call The Airlines joined Prior2boarding (this is the best Canadian blog in this space IMO)