Published on March 13th, 2019 | by William Charles107
[Expired] Citi Checking Bonus – 30,000 American Airline Miles
Looks like this might have expired early, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 3/13/19: Deal is back and valid until April 14th, 2019. Hat tip to VDESH
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: 30,000 miles
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $25, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
November 30th, 2018April 14th, 2019
- Citi is offering 30,000 American Airline miles when you open a new Citibank Account Package between 2/15/2019 – 4/14/2019 and complete the following requirements:
- Spend at least $400 on your Citibank debit or ATM card within 60 days of account opening
- Download the Citi Mobile app and log into your new account
The Fine Print
- Customer must have a new Eligible Checking account and log into the Eligible Checking account using the Citi Mobile® App within sixty (60) days of opening the Eligible Checking Account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Citi Account Package $25 Monthly Fee (30,000 mile Bonus)
- The Citibank Account Package needs $10,000 in combined average monthly balances to remain fee free. Otherwise, there is a $25 monthly fee.
Early Termination Fee
In the past, Citi has not charged any ETF, and none is mentioned for this offer.
We often see this deal, but usually it’s up to 60,000 miles and it’s targeted. The bonus for 60,000 miles is harder to meet though. Citi also has a public bonus for up to $600, this is in line with the $400 bonus and you can bump that up to $500 with a direct deposit. I personally think that $500 deal is better value but it will depend on how you value American Airlines. I won’t be adding this to our best bank bonus page.
Hat tip lumipz who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times