Published on October 6th, 2019 | by William Charles39
[CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT] Citizens Bank $600 Checking & Savings Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull as long as you opt out of over draft protecton.
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $9.99, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 26th, 2019
- Citizens Bank is offering a bonus of up to $600. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get a bonus of $300 when you open a new one deposit checking or Platinum checking account and make a direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days
- Get an additional $200 when you open a new green savings or platinum savings account with a minimum of $15,000 not currently on deposit with Citizens Bank and maintain that balance for 3 months
- Get an additional $100 when you do both
The Fine Print
- To earn a $300 bonus, open your first new personal checking account, excluding Student Checking, between 9/12/19 and 12/26/19 and have at least one single direct deposit of $500 or more post to your new checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- To earn a $200 bonus, open your first new personal checking account (excluding Student Checking) AND open your first new personal savings account on the same date between 9/12/19 and 12/26/19 with a minimum of $15,000 not on deposit with Citizens Bank that remains on deposit until date stated in the table below.
- To earn the additional $100 bonus, you must qualify for both the $300 and $200 bonuses noted above.
- Primary signer on the new checking and savings accounts may not be or have been a signer on any Citizens Bank personal checking or savings account within the previous six months.
- The new account(s) must be open and in good standing to qualify for this offer.
- Direct Deposit is recurring income electronically deposited into your Citizens Bank checking account and may include salary, pension, and other regular income.
- Eligibility: Customer must open their first new Platinum Checking or One Deposit via Citizens Bank’s online account opening system accessed by clicking on one of the links on this page.
- Customer should print this screen for their records.
- Customer will only be paid a one-time bonus for this program.
- Payout: Bonus will be deposited to the new checking account by the date stated in the table below and will be labeled as “Balance Builder Bonus.”
- Bonus will be reported to the IRS for income tax purposes.
Citizens Bank One Deposit Checking Account $9.99 Monthly Fee
The One Deposit checking account comes with a $9.99 monthly fee. Fee is waived by making one deposit each statement period. (According to this comment they really do count any deposit – even a transfer from another Citizens Bank account will trigger this.)
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking Account $25 Monthly Fee
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking: $25 fee is waived with $25,000 in combined deposits
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as we know there is no early account termination fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
Previously you’ve been able to get a bonus of up to $600 but without the savings requirement, just a slightly higher direct deposit was required. That was a significantly better bonus as you didn’t need to tie up $15,000 for three months. I suspect this new offer will be the standard bonus that Citizens offers and because it’s churnable I do think it’s worth doing this bonus (it’s basically the same as the popular Chase $600 checking & savings bonus). Because of that I’ll be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Carlos
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times