Published on July 28th, 2019 | by William Charles18
[Expired] [Targeted, CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT] Citizens $600 Checking & Savings Bonus
Deal has expired, view more Citizens deals by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $600
- Availability: Targeted and CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT
- Direct deposit required: : Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull as long as you opt out of over draft protecton.
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding:
Up to $1,000, Visa & MasterCard onlyNo longer possible
- Monthly fees: Up to $24.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: 9/12/19
No direct link to offer, sent out via snail mail
- Citizens Bank is offering a bonus of up to $600. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get a bonus of $300 when you open a new one deposit checking or Platinum checking account and make a direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days
- Get an additional $200 when you open a new green savings or platinum savings account with a minimum of $15,000 not currently on deposit with Citizens Bank and maintain that balance for 3 months
- Get an additional $100 when you do both
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Citizens Bank One Deposit Checking Account $9.99 Monthly Fee
The One Deposit checking account comes with a $9.99 monthly fee. Fee is waived by making one deposit each statement period. (According to this comment they really do count any deposit – even a transfer from another Citizens Bank account will trigger this.)
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking Account $25 Monthly Fee
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking: $25 fee is waived with $25,000 in combined deposits
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as we know there is no early account termination fee.
It’s previously been possible to get a $600 bonus without the savings account. This bonus seems basically identical to the $600 Chase checking & savings bonus. Because this is a targeted bonus we won’t be adding this to our best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times