Published on October 12th, 2017 | by William Charles8
First Tennessee $300 Business Checking Bonus [FL, TN, NC, SC, TX, VA]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must open in-branch; Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia have branches [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown for business accounts
- Credit card funding: N/A since you must open in-branch
- Monthly fees: $25, avoidable
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: One per company
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- First Tennessee is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new bizessentials standad checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open with a minimum deposit of $5,000
- Complete 5 qualifying payment transactions within 30 days of account opening (checks, debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, automatic bill payments, and online bill payments initiated through the bank’s Business Banking Online services)
The Fine Print
- Open your BizEssentials® Standard Checking account by 12/31/17 with a minimum opening deposit of $5,000 AND complete 5 qualifying payment transactions within the first 30 days of account opening to receive the $300 bonus.
- Qualifying payment transactions include checks, debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, automatic bill payments, and online bill payments initiated through the bank’s Business Banking Online services, in any combination.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit one business checking bonus per company (you can print out a certificate so not sure how this is enforced?)
- Opening deposit cannot be transferred from existing First Tennessee accounts.
- Offer and account opening subject to bank approval.
- Customer agrees to maintain account in good standing for minimum of 6 months.
- The $300 bonus will be credited to your account within 6 weeks of meeting all requirements and will be reported as income on Form 1099-INT.
- Sales Representative: Please use Coupon Redemption System. Promo Code BZD300.
According to the fine print only the bizessentials standard checking account is valid for this offer. This account has a $25 monthly fee that is waived with a $10,000 daily balance or $25,000 in combined balances.
Early Account Termination Fee
The fine print states that the account must be kept open and in good standing for 6 months. We can assume that they will take the bonus back if you don’t fulfill this requirement.
I believe that $300 is the largest business checking bonus they have offered before, previous offers have been for $150. Offer basically requires a deposit of $10,000 and then to maintain that for six months (to keep the account fee free) and 5 debit card transactions, not particularly difficult. They also have a $300 personal checking bonus worth considering. I will be adding this to our best business checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Vijay who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times