Published on February 17th, 2019 | by William Charles6
[MA only] Westfield Bank $100 Checking Bonus, Must Be 16-25 Years Old
Warning: They offered a bonus in 2017 and it was mostly a disaster due to out of state applications being allowed and then automatically declined. I’d recommend reading through that thread to know what you’re getting yourself into.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MA residents only. Must also be aged 16-25 (those 16 and 17 need parental permission)
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, report of being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $500. Can fund with American Express, Discover, Mastercard & Visa.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown, maybe 180 days bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Westfield Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new WB 16-25 Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code ONLINE100
- Order a debit card and enroll in online banking to receive a $25 bonus
- Enroll in eStatements and receive a $75 bonus
The Fine Print
- The WB 16-25 account is available to customers between the ages of 18 and 25, or to customers between ages 16 and 17 with a parent or guardian co-owner.
- The account requires statement presentation in electronic format (eStatements) available through our online banking site.
- One offer per person available to new WB 16-25 Checking account customers only.
- Order a debit card and enroll in online banking to receive $25
- . Enroll in e-statements and receive $75.
- The bonuses will be deposited into your account within 45 days after the criteria is met, which must happen within 60 days of account opening.
- Minimum balance to open a WB 16-25 Checking account is $10.
- Offer can be rescinded at any time.Promotional code: ONLINE100.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
With other bonuses account has needed to be kept open for 180 days to avoid losing the bonus.
Fairly restricted bonus that won’t be that useful to most people, but might be good for some younger DoC readers. Keep in mind the Chex senstivity and issues with previous bonuses. Given that there is no direct deposit required we will be adding this to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Hat tip to reader YAR
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times