Published on November 4th, 2018 | by William Charles268
[Expired] [VA & TX only] BB&T $150 Checking Bonus Direct Deposit Not Required
Update 11/04/2018: New bonus has been added for VA, some others have expired. Hat tip to reader HDR.
Reposting as I’ve cleaned up the post a bit and made it clearer what code is needed for what state. There are also some states offering $200.
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: VA & TX only according to the fine print
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Use promo code, varies by area
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull It seems like they are very persistant about overdraft protection so make sure you don’t opt in for that
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $250 (says debit card only, but credit cards will work)
- Monthly fees: None-$12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
June 10th, 2018 August 12th, 2018 September 30th, 2018November 30th, 2018
Different areas require different codes. Codes & links:
$200 bonus: AUHFZ. Works in WV & NC (accepted code in OH but no idea if it works). Expires 10/24/2018. Link is: BBT.com/BrightD. Flyer here.
- $150 bonuses:
ASCAT. Works in: FL, GA, TX. Expires 8/31/2018. Link is: BBT.com/Welcome150C. Flyer here. ASRAT. Works in D.C., VA, TX Expires 9/30/18 Link is: BBT.com/WelcomeA4. Flyerhere. ASSAT. Works in KY, Expires 10/31/18. Link is: BBT.com/welcomeA5.
- ASTAT. Works in TX. Expires 11/30/18. Link is: BBT.com/welcomeA6.
- AULAT. Works in VA. Expires 12/31/2018. Link is: Link is: BBT.com/welcomeA7. Flyer here.
- BB&T is offering a bonus of $150/$200 when you open a new BB&T back to basics checking account. You need to open the account with the promo code (listed above) and complete one of the following requirements:
- Enroll in and receive two direct deposits of $100 or more
- Use U by BB&T bill pay to initiate three online payments of $25 or more
The Fine Print
- This offer is available for new BB&T clients who open a BB&T checking account.
- Offer is limited to one incentive per household and does not apply to second or multiple personal accounts.
- To receive the $150 incentive, clients must open a checking account before 6/10/2018 and do one of the following within 75 days of account opening: 1) Use U by BB&T® bill payment service to initiate three online bill payments (minimum payment of $25 each) from the new checking account OR 2) Enroll in and receive two direct deposits (minimum of $100 each) to the new personal checking account.
- Any account not in good standing, closed or with a balance less than or equal to zero at the time we review account eligibility (between 75-120 days of account opening) will not receive the $150 incentive.
- Normal minimum opening balance requirements apply.
- Incentive will be paid within 4 weeks of account eligibility review.
- Nonresident alien clients must also submit a valid Form W-8, NRA Certification Statement and a copy of their passport to BB&T by the time the account is reviewed for incentive eligibility. Form W-8 and NRA Certification forms are available from any BB&T financial center.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Back To Basics ($150 Bonus)
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Bright Checking ($200 Bonus)
This account has a $12 monthly fee, this is waived if you do either of the following:
- Receive a direct deposit of $500 or more
- Have an average daily balance of $1,500 or more
Early Account Termination Fee $25
All accounts come with a $25 early account closure fee if you close them within 180 days of account opening.
- BBT.com/Welcome150C Code: ASCAT Exp: 8/31/18
- BBT.com/WelcomeA4 Code: ASRAT Exp: 9/30/18
Update 07/11/18: Bonus also available in D.C. Promo code is ASRAT. Flyer can be viewed here.
Update 07/04: Bonus also available in Georgia. Promo code is ASCAT. Flyer can be viewed here.
Update 06/11/18: Bonus is back until August 12th, 2018
Reposting again as it’s also available in NC. Hat tip to reader Tammy & Jake
Reposting as bonus is also available in TX now. Hat tip to reader Yang.
We just posted about a $300 BB&T bonus as well, I think this $150 bonus is better though as it’s easy to keep the account fee free and we actually have a landing page for it. Previous bonuses have been $100 so this is $50 more as well. I’ll be adding this to our best checking bonuses page as the requirements are easy to meet (no direct deposit) and it isn’t too difficult to keep the account fee free.
Big thanks to reader, Mike who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times